Pages

Description

Each member of our family is so different, like individual components of a symphony. But, like a symphony, each part is important to the overall structure and sound of the piece. We all work together to make a beautiful sound...our family. Just as the Lord knit us together in the womb, He is now knitting us together as a family, for His glory, outside the womb.

Menu Tabs

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Estes Park...again!


Last Saturday we headed up to Allenspark for a morning wedding. The ceremony was at an adorable log church and they played this beautiful Celtic version of Pachebel's Cannon. After the ceremony we headed back down the mountain to Rocky Mountain National Park because we had a 7 day pass that was still good from the previous week's trip. This time, we let the kids play in the water. I felt like a lifeguard again, watching the kids and making sure they didn't get pulled down stream. They really enjoyed throwing rocks into the river. Cadence's rocks were a little bigger than Finn's.





Brad is enviously watching a guy catch a fish. He desperately wants to go fishing again. Hopefully one day. I told him that I might be up for our first family camping trip next summer, so maybe he can fish then. We'll have to get Cadence and Finn their own poles.





















These pictures are from our picnic at RMNP the week before. I got eaten alive by mosquitoes. My mom said she thinks they attack me because my legs are so white.:)

The next day, we had a potluck after church and I made this fruit salad. I had fun balling all the watermelon and making apple butterflies. I was originally going to make flowers out of pineapple rings to put on the skewers, but the pineapple kept falling apart.

It was a busy weekend and I am so thankful to live closer to Estes and Rocky Mountain National Park. I think we will have many more fun family trips there in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment