Pages

Description

Each member of our family is so different, like individual components of a symphony. But, like a symphony, each part is important to the overall structure and sound of the piece. We all work together to make a beautiful sound...our family. Just as the Lord knit us together in the womb, He is now knitting us together as a family, for His glory, outside the womb.

Menu Tabs

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Brad!


Yesterday, I threw a surprise party for Brad's 30th! It turned out great! His friend, Greggor, took him fishing and brought him back right on time for the surprise. All the party guests were so generous, loving and helpful. It was a great success and Brad had so much fun!
Here I am with my "To do" list for the party. I love a good list (or maybe 3 or 4 drafts and then a final list). More importantly, I love getting to check off an item on the list.
Most of our guests were from out of town and I was so thankful they all made the hour and a half trek to celebrate Brad.
What a sweet Bromance!
I was very happy that Mimi and Kevin pushed their flight back to Sunday and were able to make it before they moved overseas to London. We will miss them.
Janeah was a huge help to me in the kitchen. She helped me get organized and get all the food out.
My parents came up a little early and helped me get the party set up. Very appreciative.

Brad got a new wizards pipe from his mom and dad, but I forgot to take a picture of it. He was super excited about it!
Little Millie slept through the whole party, but she still joined in with a balloon on her wrist.
The kids had a great time running around the house playing together.
Finn was great at scaring the girls by being a monster and a dragon. They seemed to enjoy running away from him and he seemed to enjoy scaring them.
Clara decided she wanted her face to match her green outfit...and she succeeded.
Here are some of the party decorations.
I had a fun time making Brad's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cake. He said his favorite was Raphael. My dad helped by making his weapons and shaping his limbs, to make him look more intimidating.
What a wonderful night and an incredible man! I love you Brad!

1 comment:

  1. You are the most amazing woman of all time. I never even saw it coming. I love you more than words can tell, and I am thankful every day for the gift that you are to me.
    ~brad

    ReplyDelete