Pages

Description

Each member of our family is so different, like individual components of a symphony. But, like a symphony, each part is important to the overall structure and sound of the piece. We all work together to make a beautiful sound...our family. Just as the Lord knit us together in the womb, He is now knitting us together as a family, for His glory, outside the womb.

Menu Tabs

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!





 A New Year has begun and new boots have come!  My friend from church was kind enough to go boot shopping with me, since she is a Western girl, and helped me find the right boot for me.  So, without further ado, here they are!
I love the aqua blue accents on the stitching (the inside is aqua blue too).  I can't wait to break them in and incorporate them into my daily wear.
We had a couple friends over for New Year's Eve dinner and then B and the friends went to hear the bagpipe band play in Old Town.
Our feast included homemade white bread from the bread machine (I love my bread machine), brussel sprouts (the same recipe from Christmas dinner...they were so yummy), green beans, mashed potatoes, and slow-cooker pork roast and smoked sausage with sauerkraut and veggies.  Our friends brought a delicious cheese and crackers platter for appetizers and then we had cheesecake for dessert.  I also bought a plethora of beers for the occasion.  I went to the liquor store looking for sour beer (our friend's favorite) and ended up getting a few more six packs of beer because of their creative packaging.  Who says creative marketing doesn't work?  Not me!  I'm a sucker for funny sayings and names.



2 comments:

  1. Fancy! I love your boots! Great choice! LOVE you, A!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful! It was a joyous and wonderful New Years celebration, and all because of the reality that YOU are an AMAZING human being. I love you intensely.

    ReplyDelete