Pages

Description

Each member of our family is so different, like individual components of a symphony. But, like a symphony, each part is important to the overall structure and sound of the piece. We all work together to make a beautiful sound...our family. Just as the Lord knit us together in the womb, He is now knitting us together as a family, for His glory, outside the womb.

Menu Tabs

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Love

Last week was Valentine's Day and I really enjoyed planning something special for the kids and B.  I never fancied myself a huge Valentine's Day person, but I had a lot of fun thinking of fun/heart/red things to get and do for the family.
My friend at church told me that her grand-daughters put an old mailbox outside of their room at Christmas time and she leaves them little notes and gifts.  I thought that was such a cute idea, and then I found these cute V-day mailboxes at Walmart.  They are perfect!  I like the idea of each kid having a mailbox in their room and leaving them little notes and gifts throughout the year.  F kept putting his mailbox flag up on his mailbox, thinking that would make a letter magically appear.

So, when the kids got home from school, they each found their mailbox (with the flag up) and looked inside to find a clue.  The clue led them to their Valentine's Day bag.  I found the ideas for their clues here.

For B, I used ideas from the Dating Divas.  I left him a Valentine's Day note in our "Sweetheart Journal".
To greet him, I used this idea from the Dating Divas.  Originally, I tied the chocolate on the front door, but then I heard him coming in through the garage, so I quickly ran and switched the chocolate to the correct door.
When he went to our room, he found a shower of love waiting for him.  I swapped the raindrops from his "shower of blessings" birthday with hearts.  The rose petals are fake and from the dollar store, so I can use them again!  I left a few gifts for him on his pillow.
For dinner, we had mini-meatloafs with heart shaped cheese on top.  I took a pre-cooked picture so that you could see the cheese hearts before they melted.  For dessert, I made Sweet Heart Brownies.  Cb's helped crush the graham crackers.  I used half honey graham crackers and half chocolate graham crackers (I always think more chocolate is better).  They were yummy!


The evening took a brief pause when I went to symphony rehearsal, but picked up when I returned with a "Love Hunt".  Here are all the clues and tasks laid out.  You can see the clues and tasks at the Dating Divas website.  Pugsley was thrilled, as you can see (he's trying to go outside), to participate in the hunt and hold one of the clues on his back.  What a pug!
I love my family!



No comments:

Post a Comment