Pages

Description

Each member of our family is so different, like individual components of a symphony. But, like a symphony, each part is important to the overall structure and sound of the piece. We all work together to make a beautiful sound...our family. Just as the Lord knit us together in the womb, He is now knitting us together as a family, for His glory, outside the womb.

Menu Tabs

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My 33rd Birthday!

B planned a fantastic birthday for me.  He thought of all the things I liked and planned the perfect outings.
To start, he gave me my favorite candy (M&M's), a subscription to "Real Simple" (because I love organizing stuff) and a pair of cowgirl boots that I wanted (Fat Babies).
Then, B arranged for a friend from church to come over and watch the kids while he took me out to breakfast at my favorite restaurant, Lucille's.  Yummy!  Nothing like a truck load of powdered sugar poured on top of a beignet to start the morning off!
After coming home for a brief stint to hang out with the kids, two more friends from church came over to watch the kids while B whisked me off to one of my favorite restaurants for lunch in Old Town, Coopersmith's.  Again...yummy!
Afterwards, we walked around and looked at some shops, not forgetting to stop at my favorite dessert shop, Mary's Mountain Cookies, for a big M&M cookie.  Yummy!  While strolling through Old Town we stopped in on a new store, The Perennial Gardener, which had a plethora of fun outdoor/garden accessories.  I definitely want to go back there, it was a lot of fun.  They also sold these delicious smelling soaps that I am very tempted to buy.  Another yummy moment (for the nose this time).
We stopped at Whole Foods, which sells beautiful flowers, and B let me pick out a birthday bouquet.  Beautiful and they smelled so fresh!
He also swung by my favorite coffee shop, the Human Bean, to get me my favorite coffee drink, the Blue Moon (blueberry mocha).  Can I say...yummy!
In the afternoon, C and F took advantage of the snow left on the ground and built this snowman all by themselves.  Such great little builders and wonderful teamwork!
My caked was an orange M&M ice cream cake from Safeway.  As you can see, tiny A was a big fan!  


F was the videographer and B was the bagpiper, accompanied by the Maston Family Singers! It was a yummy cake!
B did so much for me during the day and I thought it was all over, but I was wrong!  After the kids went to bed, he drew me a bath with my favorite scented candle and bath salts (eucalyptus), and then set up a floor picnic complete with Mimosas, strawberries and M&M's.  We relaxed and watched Psych.  It was so wonderful!  
Thank you for being such an amazing and thoughtful husband, B.  You gave me the perfect birthday and I love you!  I loved spending time with just you and also getting to spend time with the kids in between.  A great balance to the day.  Overall, I'd sum the day up with one word...yummy!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for B! You deserve, it good wife and mama!
    I love the boots!
    I am looking forward to celebrating with you on Saturday, since I have all your gifts to give you! (BIG HUG!)

    ReplyDelete