Pages

Description

Each member of our family is so different, like individual components of a symphony. But, like a symphony, each part is important to the overall structure and sound of the piece. We all work together to make a beautiful sound...our family. Just as the Lord knit us together in the womb, He is now knitting us together as a family, for His glory, outside the womb.

Menu Tabs

Friday, December 27, 2013

Toastie warm

I had some comfy slippers that I knit last year, but one got a hole in the bottom (I guess that's a good sign that they were well loved), so I needed to knit a new pair.



I found this cute bunny slipper pattern on ravelry that I can use for the whole family.  To start, though, I knit mine to make sure I could do it and work all the kinks out on my pair before tackling the others.  I knit mine without the bunny part, but I'll probably add that on the kids' slippers, not B's, though.

I did thrumming for the first time, which was fun!  It makes the inside nice and soft and warm.  Looking at the pictures, I think I like the style of my first pair better.  Maybe I'll make some in that pattern and incorporate thrumming.  The new pair might look nicer if they were a little bigger.  Oh well, they'll be snug and warm, hopefully.



1 comment: