Pages

Description

Each member of our family is so different, like individual components of a symphony. But, like a symphony, each part is important to the overall structure and sound of the piece. We all work together to make a beautiful sound...our family. Just as the Lord knit us together in the womb, He is now knitting us together as a family, for His glory, outside the womb.

Menu Tabs

Friday, February 25, 2011

Belated V-Day




So I'm a little late, but Happy Valentine's Day! For the kids Sunday School lesson I had a very heart/love themed lesson. To go along with that, I made some heart-shaped English muffins. It was my first time making them, and they were quite easy and delicious. They took more time than just grabbing the store bought ones out of the fridge (which aren't heart shaped), but if I had the time it is actually cheaper to make my own. Anyway, the kids really liked them. I gave them (3 kids) a tupaware full of them and there were only 2 left! Yeah! Success!

My new Secret Sister is a sewer, so I made her this heart tape measure to go in her Valentine's package. Brad did the crocheted edge for me. I really should learn how to crochet. Perhaps, one day.
Aria is all about standing up, these days! She got her first tooth and she is pulling herself up on anything and everything. It's great! Hopefully, she'll learn to walk soon. She does many cute things. Brad and I agree, she is our silliest kid so far. But, one cute thing she does is, when she's crawling and really motivated to get to something, she tucks her head down (for better arrowdynamics) and bolts forward. She is pretty zippy! She is our little mop-head.

Is it wrong to love a skillet? Well, I do! I love my new cast-iron skillet. I really love my non-stick skillet, too, but that's not what I was cooking this meal in. I have to admit, I wasn't always so wild about a pan. In fact, Kevin always raved about cast-iron pans (he and Mimi even brought, or should I say lugged, one to cook breakfast in on our fabulous Glenwood Springs trip) and I didn't get it. Well, Kevin and Mimi, now I do! Even though cast-irons are super heavy, it is amazing how evenly they cook meat. And I love how you clean them, basically just wipe it clean. These "Tart Apple Porkchops" were sooo yummy. Oddly, my favorite part was the onions. They tasted so sweet and yummy. This was a weight watchers recipe, which don't always turn out as flavorful as they sound, but this was better than I expected. You should try it! The apples and pork were really good too. Even the kids ate them.:) I don't have the porkchops in these photos, I was just so happy about my cast-iron at that moment.
Recipe Highlight:




Tart Apple Pork
by Winner's Circle, from Weight Watchers Publishing Group
42 people rated this recipe
Course: light meals
PointsPlus™ Value: 7
Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 30 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Apples and fresh herbs complement the pork, giving it the moisture and flavor her husband wants.

Ingredients

16 oz lean boneless pork chop, center-cut, trimmed of all visible fat
1 Tbsp rosemary, fresh, chopped
1 Tbsp thyme, fresh, fresh, chopped
1/2 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
2 tsp canola oil
2 medium apple(s), Granny Smith, peeled, cored, and sliced
1 large onion(s), thinly sliced
2/3 cup(s) apple juice, unsweetened variety
2 Tbsp honey mustard

Instructions

  • Sprinkle the chops with the rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chops and cook until browned and cooked through, 4–5 minutes on each side; transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.

  • Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Add the apples and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and golden, about 8 minutes. Stir in the apple juice and honey mustard; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, until the sauce thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Return chops to pan and cook, turning once, to heat through, about 2 minutes. Yields 1 chop with 1⁄2 cup apple mixture per serving.


1 comment:

  1. Lovely! That is a silly baby. Those english muffins tasted so much better than the store muffins, as well! You are amazing. I love you!

    ReplyDelete