Pages

Description

Each member of our family is so different, like individual components of a symphony. But, like a symphony, each part is important to the overall structure and sound of the piece. We all work together to make a beautiful sound...our family. Just as the Lord knit us together in the womb, He is now knitting us together as a family, for His glory, outside the womb.

Menu Tabs

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sophie and Clara

Happy birthday, Sophie, Clara and Kelli! This is the month of birthdays for the Park family. We weren't able to make it to Clara and Kelli's birthday dinners, but we were with them in spirit. This past Saturday we went down to Denver to celebrate Sophie's 4th birthday. She is one popular girl. Cadence and Finn were so excited to go. Sophie's birthday is all Cadence has been talking about since we got her birthday party invitation in the mail, about a month ago. When the big day finally arrived, it didn't dissapoint. There was a face painting station, a bean bag toss, bowling, a balloon animal guy (oh yeah, that guy was Brad), delicious pizza and cake and a princess castle pinata (which had to finally be broken by one of the older, stronger boys).

Cadence was waiting the entire party to break open that pinata. Look at the determination in her face.

Granny painted Finn's face. He was trying to eat everyone and we were all running away from him so that he wouldn't get red face paint on our clothes. He thought it was fun.










I was looking for something to knit Sophie and Clara for their birthdays and I found these adorable dolls.

I didn't think they would really appreciate them, but Kelli sent me this picture of Sophie sleeping with hers. I'm so glad that she likes her. Now, I have to make one each for Cadence and Aria. Cadence wants hers all pink, the skin, clothes and hair. I don't think I can bring myself to do that, but I will incorporate as much pink as possible.

3 comments:

  1. The Sophie and Clara dolls are brilliant! I love them! Way to go, SUPER KNITTER! I am so glad I got to see you guys, hug and kiss, and have all our grands together! FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun birthday!!! Am I too old to get a knitted doll??!! Those are great, April! You are very talented. I had no idea Brad was an animal balloon extraordinaire. Does he have a "signature" animal?? Giraffe?? Wiener dog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! What a wonderful day, though I was woefully inadequate as a balloon guy! I love you so very much! You are amazing, and those dolls are absolute artworks. xoxo brad

    ReplyDelete