Pages

Description

Each member of our family is so different, like individual components of a symphony. But, like a symphony, each part is important to the overall structure and sound of the piece. We all work together to make a beautiful sound...our family. Just as the Lord knit us together in the womb, He is now knitting us together as a family, for His glory, outside the womb.

Menu Tabs

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Buggie Bundles

In an effort to use up some leftovers, I created "Buggie Bundles"!  We had Shepherd's Pie the other night, so I took the leftover filling (minus the potatoes) and added taco seasoning.  Then, I put the filling inside some large Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, rolled them up, and baked them.  Once cooled, I added cucumber wheels (fastened with carrot spokes), carrot headlights and a pretzel steering wheel.  Aria ate it up!  Cadence displayed her usual resistance to any food outside her comfort zone of mac & cheese, chicken nuggets and hot dogs, but enjoyed that it was a car.  Finn, once he took a bite, really liked it.  He wanted the car to actually drive, though.  I find that taco seasoning, in moderation (you know what I'm talking about Brad), makes almost anything delicious and kid friendly!


On a side note, Cadence decided to be a bee today.  She and Finn are watching "Bee Movie".







1 comment:

  1. I like your buggy bundles! They are so cute and YOU are so clever! Cadence is funny. Her taste in cuisine must be very typical! I have a feeling I shall be dining on hotdogs, chicken nuggets, and mac and cheese for the next few days. I like your photo of that adorable little Cadence Beeeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete