Pages

Description

Each member of our family is so different, like individual components of a symphony. But, like a symphony, each part is important to the overall structure and sound of the piece. We all work together to make a beautiful sound...our family. Just as the Lord knit us together in the womb, He is now knitting us together as a family, for His glory, outside the womb.

Menu Tabs

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Homeschool Prep

I know it's early, like a whole year, but I LOVE to plan and prepare.  The kids and I ventured out to the dollar store today to get some classroom decorations for our future home-school classroom.  We found some fantastic wall decorations and workbooks.  I say fantastic because they are just like the public school decorations and they were cheap.  Woo-hoo!  There was so much stuff, too.  I had to restrain myself.
My first task will be to make a classroom calendar.  I'll post it once I make it.
I found these great workbooks at the dollar store, too.  I was excited to get these princess workbooks and a Spiderman one for Finn, once he's ready.   
 Yesterday, Cadence and I worked on writing the letter 'A,a', some sequencing exercises, and circles.  See Cadence's circle caterpillar?  She cut out all those circles by herself.
Also, this week, I found 3 more flip-top desks.  So, now I have 4!  The last one's in the garage, still.  I will have to clean up the basement before it transforms into our classroom.  Good thing I have time!

No comments:

Post a Comment