Pages

Description

Each member of our family is so different, like individual components of a symphony. But, like a symphony, each part is important to the overall structure and sound of the piece. We all work together to make a beautiful sound...our family. Just as the Lord knit us together in the womb, He is now knitting us together as a family, for His glory, outside the womb.

Menu Tabs

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Happy Anniversary!


Last week was our 9th anniversary!  What a man the Lord gave me.  He is wonderful in so many ways.  We decided to forego gifts this year, but Brad still got me some very happy flowers and a delicious peach Odwalla drink.  Yum!  I am definitely a drink person.  I love yummy drinks.
My lovely mother offered to come up and watch the kids so that we could spend a special day together!  So, Brad came home at lunch time and our anniversary date began!
First, we ate lunch at a quaint little Italian place near campus.  From there, we went to Old Town to walk around a bit and then spent some time at Happy Lucky's tea house drinking delicious tea and playing our own made up version of scrabble (very loose rules).  It was so refreshing to be able to sit together in a calm atmosphere, talking and playing and not feeling exhausted.  What a luxury.
After wandering around a bit more we headed to Odell Brewery to see if we could catch a beer tour.  Unfortunately, it was all full, but it seemed to turn out for the best because we decided to hang out on the patio and enjoy a glass of beer (for Brad) and a coke (for April).  There were quite a number of people hanging out, drinking beer.  Many of them rode their bikes to the brewery.  Where they were riding from, I'm still not sure, but it was a popular place for bikers to come.  It was a very nice brewery and a fun atmosphere to hang out in with good company.
 Next, we went to Mexicali for a cheap, but oh so delicious, Mexican dinner.  Then, we got to end the night by going to a movie...after 7pm and not a cartoon.  Can you believe it?  I didn't know people were out at that time of night.  It was a bit scary and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to stay up for the movie, but we did it!  In fact, we made it home before 10pm.  It's the little things in life that excite you.:)  We saw the new X-men movie and it was very entertaining.  Great fun!

So, another year of marriage and they just keep getting better and better, just like my wonderful Brad!





4 comments:

  1. Awwwww! I'm so glad you had such a sweet celebration of nine years of wedded bliss! Can it possibly be NINE years ago that you were a stunning bride? Yikes! Lots of blessings have come since then! Thank you, Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you both! Sounds like a perfect day! My husband and I have special days out like that, doing the simplest of things, but making wonderful memories together! :) God bless, love Tina x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my wonderful sweet wife! I am so blessed by you. You point me to Jesus every day and I love you. Thank you for being married to me, you are the most amazing person I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 9 years ? ! Wow, how time flies !

    ReplyDelete