Pages

Description

Each member of our family is so different, like individual components of a symphony. But, like a symphony, each part is important to the overall structure and sound of the piece. We all work together to make a beautiful sound...our family. Just as the Lord knit us together in the womb, He is now knitting us together as a family, for His glory, outside the womb.

Menu Tabs

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Catch Up

It is time for catch up!  Here are some snapshots of what has gone on around here that I have failed to keep up on in the blog world.

1. Cb's attended her first symphony concert...mine!  She wanted pizza for our pre-concert dinner and then she sat very well during the whole concert (it ended a couple hours after her usual bedtime, so she was tired).  When I asked if she would want to go to the next concert she responded, "Now that I know what a symphony concert is, I don't think I will.":)  That's okay.  It's a long time to sit still and listen.

2. The two older kids decided they wanted to start earning money for their chores, so I made a new chore chart system.  I had these metal trays that I bought at the thrift shop for another craft that I never did, so I modge podged magazine pictures on them for a fun background.  I modge podged chore pictures, with their monetary value, that I printed from images found on the internet.  My mom had brought all these foam letters for a craft she did with the kids and they were perfect for the kids' names. So, the kids have chores that they are "to do" and then they can move them to the "done" side when they do them.  If they'd like to earn extra money, there are more activities and chores on the other board to choose from.  My purpose in having these extra activities is to encourage the kids to do other activities away from the tv screen.  I pay them at the end of the night.  This system is working pretty well, except that the two younger kids like to move all the magnets around.  The two olders even used some of their earnings to buy their own toy at the dollar store the other day!










3. Medium A turned 3!  We had a Mini-mouse themed family dinner.  Dinner consisted of hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dogs, Mickey's mac and cheese, and then mini-mouse cupcakes for dessert.  I bought the "Happy birthday" headbands at the dollar store and then glued construction paper ears on them.
 4. F turned into a basket case.  He is talking to his granny on the phone, in there.  MP said that F's dad used to do this, too, when he was a kid.  Like father like son.
 
5. Cb's had her spring dance recital.
6. Some birds built a nest in our hanging plant, but haven't laid any eggs, yet.  I'm worried that the last snow storm scared them off. :(



7. Pinterest came to my creative rescue, again, and taught me how to make this cool candle for my mom for mother's day.  I printed my photos onto tissue paper and then followed the steps in that link.  You really have to tape your tissue paper down flat onto a regular piece of paper so that it doesn't get caught in the printer.



8.  The circus came to town!  We had a fun time watching all the animals and performers.  F really liked the clowns and Cb's really liked the acrobats.
9. Mother's Day was too much for tiny A to handle and he fell asleep in his high chair after eating lunch.  Don't worry, I didn't make him sleep like that for long.  Once I took this picture I laid him down in his comfy crib.  Sometimes I wish I had a dark room and cozy crib to curl up in.




No comments:

Post a Comment