Pages

Description

Each member of our family is so different, like individual components of a symphony. But, like a symphony, each part is important to the overall structure and sound of the piece. We all work together to make a beautiful sound...our family. Just as the Lord knit us together in the womb, He is now knitting us together as a family, for His glory, outside the womb.

Menu Tabs

Friday, May 17, 2013

DIY fabric covered magnet board

I've seen this project on several sites and, thanks to my parents' Home Depot gift card birthday gift, I was able to finally buy the supplies to make it!
I already had the fabric, leftover from the wonderful kitchen curtains MP made for me when we moved in, and the picture frame.  I purchased a sheet of galvanized metal from Home Depot, they come in various sizes, and then spray adhesive.
1. Spray the metal sheet with adhesive spray.
2. Lay your fabric on top and smooth out wrinkles and bubbles.
3. Flip the whole thing over and spray the fabric edges with adhesive.
4. Fold and press the fabric edges to the back of the sheet metal.
5. Put in a frame and hang!  A place where the kids can hang their artwork that is attractive and not the fridge! 


I also had a small metal sheet, so I made a mini board where I can post my reminders and such.  I left the frame off this one.  The next project I want to try and make is to take some chicken wire, fasten it to the back of a frame, and then use cute clothespins to hang artwork.  Maybe I can make that one for our bedroom.



1 comment:

  1. So clever! I bet it will be full of pretty art in no time!

    ReplyDelete