Pages

Description

Each member of our family is so different, like individual components of a symphony. But, like a symphony, each part is important to the overall structure and sound of the piece. We all work together to make a beautiful sound...our family. Just as the Lord knit us together in the womb, He is now knitting us together as a family, for His glory, outside the womb.

Menu Tabs

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Latte

"Excuse me, I think I ordered the large cappuccino...Hello!  It's like Campbell's Cup 'O Ccino."
Now that fall is here that can only mean one thing...Pumpkin!  I love pumpkin flavored stuff, especially beverages.  Starbucks has a Pumpkin Spice Latte that is delicious, so I decided to save myself some money and try making my own home version.  I used some of the pumpkin puree I whipped up a couple weeks ago with the pumpkin we got from Farmer Ken at church.  I have a lot of frozen pumpkin puree, which means lots of pumpkin recipes (such as pie!) in our future.
Let's see how it turned out.
Taste test.  
And the verdict is....
Delicious!  It's a winner!  
A bit more work than ordering it at Starbuck's, but MUCH cheaper and more satisfying because I made it myself.
The perfect drink on a chilly fall day.
Ingredients:
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons canned pumpkin OR 1 teaspoon of Torani Pumpkin Spice Syrup (your choice)
2 tablespoons sugar or sugar substitute - you can halve this amount
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1-2 shots espresso (about 1/4 cup of espresso or 1/2 cup of strong brewed coffee if you don't have an espresso machine.)
Directions:
In a saucepan combine milk, pumpkin and sugar and cook on medium heat, stirring, until steaming. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and spice, transfer to a blender and process for 15 seconds until foamy. If you don't have a blender, don't worry about it - just whisk the mixture really well with a wire whisk.
Pour into a large mug or two mugs. Add the espresso on top.
Optional: Top with whipped cream and sprinkle pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, or cinnamon on top.




1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! When I was pregnant with Jenny, I was always throwing open the windows and it was quite chilly for everyone else You look very summery!

    ReplyDelete